Les (Leslie) Fussell – Incumbent (email@example.com)
In 1992, after my wife, Janice, and I made the decision for me to retire from the US Air Force after a rewarding 21+ year career, we also decided to move back to the Savannah area to be close to our aging parents. God’s hand led us to Richmond Hill and to the house in Mulberry Subdivision we purchased in 1993. Our daughters, Sarrah and Katie, completed their high school education at Richmond Hill High School and chose Richmond Hill as their home after college and marriage. Today we have three granddaughters in RHHS and one granddaughter in RHMS. In 2004, I created a small roofing and gutter business with my son-in-law, A Plus Quality Contracting, Inc. Our business has remained open and profitable through tough economic time like in 2008 because of hard work and solid business management.
I became involved with Planning and Zoning to be part of the solution and to make a difference as the secrets of Richmond Hill became more widely known. I can honestly say – I’ve made a difference and wish to continue this journey as a City Councilmember.
- Currently serving as City Councilmember (Post 4). Bring to the table years of management and small business experience.
- City of Richmond Hill Planning and Zoning Commissioner 2003 – 2019.
- Committee member for the developing the Richmond Hill Georgia Unified Development Ordinance made effective June 6, 2017.
- City of Richmond Hill Comprehensive Land Use Plan committee member, assisted defining many aspects of this strategic planning document.
- Proud US Air Force veteran. Retired Chief Master Sergeant (E9), after 21+ years of active duty service to our country and its citizens.
- Completed Leadership Bryan, a community leadership development program focused on leadership, communications, team building, local governments, economic development, education and environment. Program conducted by the Richmond Hill-Bryan County Chamber of Commerce.
- 1972 graduate of Robert W. Groves High School
- AAS, Aircraft Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force
- BS, Professional Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Certified Professional Manager Program, Institute of Certified Professional Managers, James Madison University
- Currently, Senior Manager, Technical Publications Operations, Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
Notes from Richmond Hill 411: Unfortunately, Mr. Fussell’s answers to our questions weren’t submitted prior to the deadline and therefore can’t be considered for inclusion.