Grease Fire Engulfs Kitchen in Bryan County Home, 2 injured

Richmond Hill Mobile Home Fire
Photo showing exterior damage to a mobile home that caught on fire in Bryan County.

On July 30th at approximately 8:30 p.m., Richmond Hill Fire Department was the first on scene to extinguish a fire that started in the kitchen of a double-wide mobile home located in the Richmond Hill Mobile Home Estates neighborhood of unincorporated Bryan County.

According to the incident report, the fire started when hot cooking oil on the stove flared, igniting combustibles on a counter. One occupant attempted to extinguish the fire with a water hose, which splashed, causing 10% superficial burns to his body. He was transported by ambulance to the hospital for treatment. Another occupant complained of smoke inhalation and was treated and released at the scene.

Engine 3 from the Richmond Hill Fire Department was on scene less than five minutes after the call was dispatched, more than beating NFPA standards.

The fire was contained to the kitchen area and did not spread to other areas of the home. We are unaware of the actual damages, but the report estimates $65,000 in total loss.

After moving to Richmond Hill, GA in the fall of 2018, Matt wanted to become immediately involved in the community. Without hesitation, he created the Richmond Hill Community Facebook group which reached 2,700 members in just 5 months. After building this community, he decided they needed an honest, reliable news source to keep them informed. Thus, Richmond Hill 411 was born!

Warning: require(/home/mattsayl/public_html/ failed to open stream: Success in /home/mattsayl/public_html/ on line 1508

Warning: require(/home/mattsayl/public_html/ failed to open stream: No such device in /home/mattsayl/public_html/ on line 1508

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/mattsayl/public_html/' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php71/pear') in /home/mattsayl/public_html/ on line 1508